Weddings, honeymoons, and romantic tourism are all part of a lucrative industry that is growing and growing and Ireland is no exception. Here are some interesting facts and figures gathered from a variety of sources on the internet and which also relate to Ireland.
For example in relation to engagement statistics:
- 99 percent of grooms do the proposing.
- 15 percent of proposals occur in December.
Regarding wedding statistics:
- Today's median age for first-time brides is 27 years. For grooms, it's 29 years.
- The average number of wedding guests is 165.
- Queen Victoria, who married Prince Albert in 1840, popularized the white wedding gown. She wore a white silk and lace gown with an 18-foot train at their wedding.
- Tuxedoes are typically purchased 5-6 months after the wedding gown.
- Bridesmaids' gowns are generally purchased 3-4 months in advance of the event.
The most popular months for weddings to take place are, in this order:
- November/April (tie)